Tuesday 27 March 2012

Irish gold

Comedy It's been a few days since I've written now. Admittedly, not a lot has happened in the last few days in the grand scheme of things, but enough to make me chuckle at the very least. On Friday I moved into jens house out in mt Wellington. Its beautiful out there, a mere 12 k from the city centre, but it feels like a different world. I have my own room, double bed, and a 40 inch tv and 400 plus DVDs to keep me company. The cats...well two I never see, the third insists on walking between my legs at every given opportunity, andhaving a nibble on my flesh when I'm not looking. Saturday night was great. I met up with Hayz, an old friend from the uk from the good old creative days. We spent a few hours reminising over wine, and once again ended up in the fucking globe. Sunday and Monday mostly consisted of me slumped on the sofa eating and watching tv. A welcome change to my darkened dungeon in base. It was quiet, peaceful, there was sunshine and a window I could look out of! Tuesday- I decide after two days of sweet fa it's time to sort my life out to some degree. I take the train into town-after a mad dash around trying to find a cashpoint so I can buy a ticket on the move- on,y 40 mins and undoubtedly more pleasant than the equivalent London commute from zone 3. I try my very best to get my IRD (nz tax number akin to the Uuk's NI)' but alas my documentation isn't good enough for the nz government and I have to wait fr the arrival of my English driving licence in the post (thanks mum). So I end up in the Darby, not quite the globe, but shares toilets with it so it might as well be. I join Niall for what began as an innocent coffee, but when it turns out they don't have English tea (the Scott nearly threw a chair through the window), we settled on tiger and e drinking began. It was after 12 so acceptable, barely. We are joined by Declan and Owen, two Irish lads from the globe. The conversation quickly turns from Brittany's obesity problem to Jesus and his 5 fishes. W had between us two Catholics, a Protestants and myself, Christian raised but sceptical at best. Oddly enough, if you have ever read The God Delusion but eh infamous Richard Dawkins, there is a paragraph T the beginning of the book stating 'by the time you finish this book if you will not believe in god'. I have paraphrased slightly, but you get the gist. I started that book at the age of 21, after several friends and relatives had passed through both natural and unfortunate circumstances and I had turned my back on God and considered myself an atheist. My work is based predominantly around logic and numbers so science is my religion. Tis book however, had e opposite effect our devious little dawkins intended and infant opened my mind once more to the possibility. I am relieved it was just a mind opening, despite how fantastic the irony old be when presented to sir atheism himself. Anyway, Owen preceded to tell us how he had managed to have a quick shag in the Vatican, twice in fact as they were unsure the first time as to whether they were intact inside the official boundarys of the Vatican. Legend. Also, in true Irish -I don't give a fuck what you think bout me- fashion he regained us with heartwarming stories of his wet dreams and raoe fantasies. I fell off my stool twice. And then had the balls, being a rather over weight man himself, to take the piss out of the the three stick thin spaniels walking by with a pizza each under their care. 'three pizzas for 3 people, that right there is the problem withthe world. Faking dominoes'. God bless the Irish and their complete disregard for discression. Finished off the day with a 500g steak the size of my face at Father Teds, for 15 bucks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment