Thursday 22 March 2012

day 19

An adventureous day today. after spending the previous 5 reading-5 arthur c clarke books, what a legend-i decided to pull my socks up, to a certain degree.

Job trial tonight. Spent 2 hours behind a restaraunt dispense bar. not my usual ground but all thigns considered not bad. My training bartender was an incredibly hot frenchie called Sarah. I knew i had the cocktails and coffe down, but the 350 wines...shit the bed. I did well though. First cocktails were to some regulars, an aussie and a scott. One mojito and one old fashioned, after my trainers insistance that they put me to the test. I get a 10 out of 10 "best old fashioned I have ever had" from the aussie, and a comfortable thumbs up on the mojito. All-brilliantly timed- infront of the Duty manager and my, now, new boss Ed.

So to the Globe to celebrate, after some fantastic Kiwi ales in Gilbraiths. Otter eat your heart out. The night begins with Jelly Wrestling, fantastic, but ot as good as the wet t-shirt last night. Boobs galore whatever though. I do envy Jay the english bar manager somewhat. He spends his days shouting down a mike at beautiful women to get their tops off. Nine times out of ten they listen. Though when speaking to him about it, he shruggs non-challontly (typo i swear). Clearly he loves it, but never tells his parents more than they need to know.

So two weeks and a grand down, Ive got a job and a house. Others travellers seem impressed at my speed in sorting a life here. Ive applied for one job and nailed it, and never even had to look for a house. Luck is on my side this year, I just hope it lasts. I will probably end 6 feet under snow in queenstown this winter. but what a way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment