Wednesday 9 May 2012

Skip anyway

Skip anyway It's been a while, as always. So I'm at 35000 feet, above the Tasman sea on my way to Sydney, and as one is prone to do with ones head amongst the clouds, amongst the gods I finally begin to open my mind again to something a little more extraordinary. To put it quite simply I realised why I havnt written in two weeks. I've had nothing to write about other than the same old generic boozing and boring work related banter. You don't want to hear about which waitress shagged who last night, or who started the war with the kitchen that ended with no dinner for three days and coffee roulette with the tobacco sauce. I have yet to take a single photograph on this journey, for a few simple reasons. Firstly despite all our fantastical modern technology, a 20 megapixel photo simply cannot do justice to the shimmering turquoise, green, lapis, sky and a thousand other kinds of blue sea that I saw one fine day in march on new chums beach. The sun beating down, the luscious green trees swaying in the gentle breeze, the clouds gods breath on a cold morning. My words are yet to do such a sight justice, but I'm getting there. Picture tells a thousand words? Show a thousand people the same photograph they will see the same picture, show them the words describing it and what they imagine in their own minds will be far more wondrous. Secondly, you should bloody well come and see it all for yourself. I'm back in the spirit. I am once again in the air on my way to another country, new people, new places, new faces, new stories. Get born living or get born dying. Bob Dylan To live would be an awfully big adventure J.M.Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment