Tuesday 15 May 2012

amazeballs

Ive a half writtenblog from Oz which will post soon, but my ipad batteriesflat.

So down to the wire. Time is running out faster than ussain bolt with a ferret in his troosers. Ive sacked in the Grill, myposition as a glorified glass washer will go to some other unlucky s.o.b. Ive decided to spend the next week doing dangerous things. For a while I was planning on hiring a camper and busting around teh north island seeing some sights and taking photo's, but as I still don't have a camera and I would have to do all the driving myself it hardly seems worth it. And I dont have the $2000 bond for the camper, so that will go on the back burner till Al finally tocuhes down and maybe we pitch in and buy a vehicle for the duration of our trip.
So today i jumped 192 metres from the top of the southern hemisphere's tallest building. With the mother of all harnesses snuggled around my back sack and crack I walzted out onto the platform, bright as a button and to my suprise not all that shakey. I had a small camera strapped to my wrist which has documented my bemusement during the whole experience. I look oddly calm on the edge before the jump, although perhaps a trace of "what in Jebus' holy name am I doing up here' plays across my face as the last checks are completed by the techs. Hanging over the edges, toes inches from the drop, the tech counting down from 3, my only though is 'will I actually have the balls to step off?'. I quickly glance around at the harness and wires connecting my fragile frame the life saving winch, just to confirm that I am indeed attatched and probably won't die, probably....6 seconds and a whole lot of F@*#&%$ing later I hit the ground. I feellike the guy in Steigman's Blown Away picture, hair thrown back in a messof golden locks. I feel exhillerated and I just want to do it again. Then i think,  That was only 400 feet...I can go higher......

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as your father, I've just aged another 10 years looking at your bungee photo!!!! F*ck me but it's impressive!!

    ReplyDelete